1. Dry cleaner's Bangkok: DROP YOUR TROUSERS HERE FOR THE BEST RESULT.
2. Hotel elevator, Paris: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR VALUES AT THE FRONT DESK.
3. A laundry room in Rome: LADIES, LEAVE YOUR CLOTHES HERE AND SPEND THE AFTERNOON HAVING A GOOD TIME.
4. An advertisement by a Hong kong dentist: TEETH EXTRACTED BY THE LATEST METHODISTS
5. Hotel in Japan: COOLS AND HEATES: IF YOU WANT JUST CONDITION OF WARM AIR IN YOUR ROOM, PLEASE CONTROL YOURSELF.
6. On an Athi River Highway: TAKE NOTICE: WHEN THIS SIGN IS UNDER WATER, THIS ROAD IS IMPASSABLE.
7. From the "Soviet Weekly": THERE WILL BE A MOSCOW EXHIBITION OF ARTS BY 15,000 SOVIET REPUBLIC PAINTERS AND SCUPTORS. THESE WERE EXECUTED OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS.
8. Hotel lobby, Bucharest: THE LIFT IS BEING FIXED FOR THE NEXT DAY. DURING THAT TIME WE REGRET THAT YOU WILL BE UNBEARABLE.
9. A sign posted in Germany's Black Forest: IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ON OUR BLACK FOREST CAMPING SITE THAT PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT SEX, FOR INSTANCE, MEN AND WOMEN, LIVE TOGETHER IN ONE TENT UNLESS THEY ARE MARRIED WITH EACH OTHER FOR THIS PURPOSE.
10. Tokyo hotel's rules and regulations: GUESTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO SMOKE OR DO OTHER DISGUSTING BEHAVIOURS IN BED.
11. A sign seen on an automatic restroom hand dryer: DO NOT ACTIVATE WITH WET HANDS.
12. Hotel brochure, Italy: THIS HOTEL IS RENOWNED FOR ITS PEACE AND SOLITUDE. IN FACT, CROWDS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD FLOCK HERE TO ENJOY ITS SOLITUDE.
13. Hotel Yugoslavia: THE FLATTENING OF UNDERWEAR WITH PLEASURE IS THE JOB OF THE CHAMERMAID.
14. On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: OUR WINES LEAVE YOU NOTHING TO HOPE FOR.
15. Hotel Japan: YOU ARE INVITED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CHAMBERMAID.
16. Airport Toilets, Denmark It is free to wash yours hands, but use of the wash for other purposes 5 Dkr.
17. Cocktail lounge, Norway: LADIES ARE REQUESTED NOT TO HAVE CHILDREN IN THE BAR.
18. At a Budapest zoo: PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUITABLE FOOD, GIVE IT TO THE GUARD ON DUTY.
19. In 2002, a sign in front of a rock garden in the Forbidden City in Beijing warned tourists: PLEASE DO NOT CLIMB THE ROCKETRY.
20. Sign over the information booth in a Beijing railroad station: QUESTION AUTHORITY
21. Included with the package of complimentary wares in a Chinese hotel was a pair of workout shorts marked: UNCOMPLIMENTARY PANTS.
22. A paragliding site near Beijing has a sign that reads: SITE OF JUMPING UMBRELLA.
23. The translation of the Ethnic Minorities Park in Beijing for a long time was RACIST PARK.
24. An advertisement by a Hong Kong dentist: TEETH EXTRACTED BY THE LATEST METHODISTS.
25. The box of a clockwork toy made in Hong Kong: GUARANTEED TO WORK THROUGHOUT ITS USEFUL LIFE.
26. In an East African newspaper: A NEW SWIMMING POOL IS RAPIDLY TAKING SHAPE SINCE THE CONTRACTORS HAVE THROWN IN THE BULK OF THEIR WORKERS.
27. Booklet about using a hotel air conditioner, Japan: COOLES AND HEATES; IF YOU WANT CONDITION OF WARM AIR IN YOUR ROOM, PLEASE CONTROL YOURSELF.
28. Translated from Japanese to English and included in the instructions for a soap bubble gun: WHILE SOLUTION IS NOT TOXIC IT WILL NOT MAKE CHILD EDIBLE.
29. Tokyo hotel's rules and regulations: GUESTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO SMOKE OR DO OTHER DISGUSTING BEHAVIORS IN BED.
30. Car rental brochure, Tokyo: WHEN PASSENGER OF FOOT HEAVE IN SIGHT, TOOTLE THE HORN. TRUMPET HIM MELODIOUSLY AT FIRST, BUT IF HE STILL OBSTACLES YOUR PASSAGE THEN TOOTLE HIM WITH VIGOUR.
31. Hotel room notice, Chiang-Mai, Thailand: PLEASE DO NOT BRING SOLICITORS INTO YOUR ROOM.
32. On a South African building: MENTAL HEALTH PREVENTION CENTRE.
33. In a South African maternity ward: NO CHILDREN ALLOWED.
34. Hotel, Acapulco, Mexico: THE MANAGER HAS PERSONALLY PASSED ALL THE WATER SERVED HERE.
35. Movie Fargo mistranslated in Hong Kong: "Mysterious Murder in Snowy Cream." (They didn't know Fargo was a city in North Dakota.)
36. Movie The English Patient mistranslated in Hong Kong: "Don't Ask Me Who I Am."
37. Movie Boogie Nights mistranslated in Hong Kong: "His Powerful Device Makes Him Famous."
38. Movie 'Nixon' mistranslated in Hong Kong: "The Big Liar."